Monday, February 17, 2014

funny Atlanta Dating Stories




Anyone in the dating game knows a thing or two about good dates gone bad – spinach in the teeth, spilling wine on your date, running into an ex. And don't we all love reminiscing about these awful, sometimes shocking, and, at times, completely mortifying moments! Here are some memorable stories of dating disasters and how, in some cases, daters have managed to make the best of an uncomfortable situation and turn it into a successful love story.

All Choked Up

'It was a first date. We went out for Mexican and decided to split the shrimp ceviche appetizer. He started telling a really funny joke. The punch line came at the exact moment I was taking a bite, which caused me to inhale the shrimp. It lodged in my throat and suddenly I couldn't breath! The ceviche was pouring out of my mouth as I was making the universal 'choking' signal. My date came around and immediately started doing the Heimlich. The shrimp was finally freed and I was humiliated! I couldn't look him in the eye the rest of the date as I repeatedly kept apologizing for that frightful display.'

- Stacy, 46 Johns Creek

Two's Company, Three's a Crowd

'There was this really cute girl who worked out at my gym. We were always flirting – telling each other 'nice form', winking from across the room. I decided to invite her to a concert I had gotten tickets for that my friend had bailed out on. When I arrived to pick her up, she came out the door – with a friend (totally inappropriate!). It turns out her friend had a ticket to the show as well but no one to go with. I figured my chances for any romantic connection were pretty much ruined. Turns out, I was wrong. I ended up having more fun and more in common with the friend than the girl from the gym. That was four years ago, and we've been together ever since.'

- Mark, 31 Vinnings

Rrrrrr

'I felt like a sexy, powerful woman as I pushed my date down on the couch and gave him a passion-fueled stare. I felt sexy and powerful, too, when I leaped to plant a big kiss on him. Can't say I felt too sexy or powerful, though, when my pants split right down the middle.'

- Marie, 38 Brookhaven

So, you think you're a tough guy?

'My buddies and I play a friendly game of football every Saturday afternoon and I had been dating this girl for a little bit, so I invited her to come watch me in action. I'm a decent athlete, and with my new girl watching, I was trying extra hard to impress her. I guess I was trying a little too hard to flirt and play, and missed a pass in my direction. As I attempted to catch it, I felt the ball completely jam my fingers. Protecting my masculinity, I shook it off and got back in the game. Every time I tried to grip the ball or catch a pass, I would feel excruciating pain. Finally, my hand got so swollen I had to go to the emergency room where we discovered I had shattered the bones in my hand. I was embarrassed with the up-to-my-elbow cast, but she showed her nurturing side and took care of me.'

- Kevin, 48 Duluth

Second Chances

'A few years ago, I was set up with a guy named Brien. Over the phone, we realized that we had a lot in common and great banter, and decided to meet in person for dinner. When we met, there was an instant attraction . . . but that's where it stopped. Both of us were apparently exhausted from work and defaulted to our 'I'm tired' behavior: I couldn't stop talking about myself and Brien was completely shut down, offering only monosyllabic responses. We left the date with very different impressions: Brien thought I was pompous and I though he was a dud. Over the next couple of days, I reflected that the match had been good 'on paper', so what went wrong? And why not give it a second chance? Brien must've been thinking the same thing because, despite lingering reservations, he called me suggesting a second get together. The second meeting was a revelation – it was like seeing each other for the first time . . . and we liked what we saw!'

- Sarah, 54 Atlanta

Not every date is perfect or turns out like you expected. The beauty of going on a date with someone new is that anything can and will happen. And if things go great or go a little haywire let us know by adding a comment.

What is your …funny, unbelievable, surprised, great, etc. dating story?

No comments:

Post a Comment